Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I finished my 1st R-WAC card challuunge…

Here’s what you need to know: I have the Hearts suit in our art deck project.  This month is the “2” card.  The random word was FUTURE and here is my submission that I did with clay, a shoe box and a little painting in Photoshop .  Also this pic has none of the playing card stuff on it.  Dig.

A few more details… we over at the Weekly Art Challuunge website have created a new kind of art challuunge for ourselves.  It’s called the R-WAC Art Deck or also know as the R-WAC Card Challuunge.  4 artists; Andrew, Danny, Naoki & Wurm (me) were assigned a suit from a standard deck of playing cards.  Every month we each create a piece of art inspired by a single word selected at random. Progress shots will be posted weekly. At the end of the year we will have a complete deck of playing cards featuring 54 pieces of original art.

To check out the final final image that will appear in the deck of cards at the end of the year, it will be posted tomorrow morning.  In the meantime, here is the art:

CLICK FOR LARGER VIEW:

HEART-2_Card_nocardinfo

No comments:

Post a Comment