Thursday, April 21, 2011

Art Challuunge submission for Snail / Ship…

As of late I have been really inspired by Shepard Fairey’s artwork.  You know… the guy that did that really cool vector Obama “change” poster.  Anyway, so for my submission for the Snail / Ship weekly art challuunge I decided that I would take a stab at that style. 

Here is my process in a nut-shell:  So I started off by taking a photo of my buddy Andrew in a buttoned up shirt and our buddy Danny’s baseball hat.  I then did some Photoshop work giving him the USPS logos on his hat and shirt.  I then added some stripes to the shirt, and then duplicated the photo 4 times and poster-ized the images.  I proceeded to adjust the “threshold of each to descend from light to darker images.  I then brought those images into Illustrator and drew the four different images in vector format (the tan, light & dark blues and red).  I added the word SNAIL, implying the snail mail aspect of the USPS and then added the colors and line shading.  With a few more adjustments on the shading and lighting I was finally done.  This took way more time that I had first anticipated, but I think it turned out better than I expected.  Here is the result.  Click the pic to enlarge.  Hope you dig.

Wurm_SnailShip2 http://randomwordsartchalluunge.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment